Saturday, December 1, 2007

Charmers Cafe


I must make an announcement. The Mill in Lincoln, Nebraska has finally lost its best coffee joint in the world status. At least in my humble book. Coming in as my new number one is Charmers Cafe here in Chicago's Rogers Park. I haul my laptop over there on a regular basis when I need to get work done but want to get out of the apartment. So not only is it a little relief from cabin fever, it's a warm cozy place with great coffee, tasty bagel sandwiches, kind employees and free wi-fi. It's the first cafe with regular hours to open up in the neighborhood in quite a while. And it's the little touches that make this place dear. They give you a little box of Chiclets with your bagel, artwork in your steamed milk, outdoor seating in the summer, a water dish for dogs and colored paper and colored pencils for children ages 0-99. They even have an orange squeezing machine for fresh juice and ample vitamin C. Though I think I'll always be emotionally attached to the taste of the coffee at The Mill (I have yet to find a match) they brew tasty and local Metropolis coffee at Charmers and I think they've somehow cast a spell on it, because I must return, even just a quick drop in when on a walk with Max, almost every day.

No comments: