Saturday, December 15, 2007

Sarah


This, folks, is Sarah. I met Sarah what seems now like ages ago. (Ages= five years.) I think it was at a Cubs game, a work outing for Eric who happened to work with Steve, her husband. Anyhow, it was good timing because I had only been living in Chicago for a few months and I was starting to think that my only acquaintances were going to be actuaries, not that there's anything wrong with that (but there's a little something wrong with that). One of the things that made both Eric and I know we would like Sarah forever was her lifting her elbows in the air and declaring that when she was a kid, she liked to put them in her playdough. It still gives us a good laugh. (I'm thinking you had to be there.) It's been wonderful getting to know Sarah over the years. I can count on the books she lends me being fantastic, the music she recommends being addictive (she's responsible for my being a Greg Brown fanatic) the recipes she hands over being delicious/involving cheese, and her gardening tips being genious if not utterly useful (did you know that you can eat some of the weeds that grow in your yard?)
I put Sarah on the spot today and made her tell me her five favorite things. And they are:
1. Mashed potatoes
2. The Odetta Christmas Album
3. Her (Phat) Bike
4. Spending a whole day reading
5. Getting personal mail

No comments: