Friday, December 14, 2007

Holiday Party


Last night I asked Eric, "So what should I wear to your work party tomorrow?"
"I think it's pretty dressy." Eric said.
"Oh."
"I'm wearing a suit coat."
"Oh."
This girl barely gets by at a summertime Friday afternoon wedding, much less a holiday event at a fancy pants restaurant.
"I don't have one of those cocktail dresses that women often wear to such events." (Code for "I'm not about to go shopping in the holiday madness.")
"That's okay."
This morning I found a lovely new black dress hanging in my closet. When I told Eric that he was like living with the love child of Prince Charming and the Fairy Godmother, he said that this was what he was going for and that he was also hoping to fly me on a private jet to Mexico for dinner and dancing tonight, but that he had already checked "steak" and "salmon" for the mandatory holiday party. "The dress is where it will have to stop," he said.

No comments: