Friday, January 11, 2008

Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!


Last night, we had the good fortune of going to this week's taping of NPR's news quiz show, Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me. I like the show for it's ability to make "keeping up on the news" enjoyable/bearable. We also learned that NPR/Chicago Public Radio listeners are nice calm and cooperative people who are willing do things that they're told by public radio authorities including forming a massive, fast moving, SNAKING line with no ropes! (at the door to get in) It was a great lesson in the things humans can accomplish by just getting along. Anyhow, tune in this weekend to see if you can hear Eric, Cristin, Adam, (I'll introduce them to you sometime- it's a good it's-a-small-world account) and me laughing in the crowd. As is often the case at other such events, there was at least one point where I was the only one laughing. So I've truly made my public radio debut.
Now straight from the WWDTM website, I ask you three quiz questions:

1. The Indian state of Himachel has a new plan to control the monkey population. What is it?
a.) Hiring teenagers to catch them
b.) Electrifying garbage cans
c.) Importing natural predators
d.) An abstinence campaign

2. Iowa residence recently created what in honor of their famous caucuses?
a.) A giant sandwich
b.) A new kind of necktie
c.) A brand of beer
d.) A musical

3. In a recent survey, 44 percent of Japanese prison inmates complained about what?
a.) The color of their cells
b.) The quality of their meals
c.) The cut of their pajamas
d.) The length of their sentences


(Answers 1. a., 2. d., 3. c.)

For more news quiz fun, click the title above.

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm sooooooo jealous you got to go to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me"!!! How do you get tickets? I really want to see it!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.