Thursday, January 17, 2008

Quake Collectibles


The signage says "toys . star wars . pez . tv nostalgia . gi joe . always buying old toys"
The windows are packed full of goodies and if you stand on your tip toes, or peek through the door, you see display after display, pile after pile of childhood memories for we the mid-twenties to mid-thirties population. I've only parked in front of this alluring Lincoln Square shop, I've never actually walked inside mostly because we have no place to store this wonderful plastic of our past but also because I'm too afraid that I will run into Jeff "the comic book guy" Albertson (you know, from the Simpsons). Snarky man-children intimidate me more than advanced integral calculus professors. But one of these days I won't be able to resist it any longer, I'll get up the courage and then, inevitably, I'll return home with an Annie Warbucks lunch box or a light saber. And then this adult phase I'm going through will finally be over.

No comments: