Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sweet Signature Bakery



I don't even really consider myself a cookie person per se. But someone gave us a little box of of them during the holidays and since ingesting the whole pile in 24 hours, I have been craving these amazing little treats. Seriously, the past few weeks, whenever I get a sweet tooth, my mind immediately drifts down Ashland Avenue and right on Montrose to address number 1956. (Thank goodness there was a sticker on the box with an address of the bakery.) So finally today when I meant to make a quick run to the grocery, I found myself parallel parking in front of the sweet little storefront bakery. Right now I'm wishing that I was some kind of food critic so that I could know the language to use to tell you about these delectable morsels (how was that?). Try throwing these words around in your head: soft, buttery, light, flakey, sweet. Some have a dab of marmalade inside and when smooth, rich chocolate is used it is used well and with confidence. The next time you are in Chicago, you must demand that I take you to Sweet Signature Bakery.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to find a good cookie/bakery, so when you do I suggest you eat a lot of them (the cookies that is) in case you never get them again...unless/until you make another trip!
-Jillian
P.S. I am also iterested in those little hippo thing too!

Jessie said...

Yes, I'm of the "life is uncertain, eat dessert first" school of thought.

Erin said...

Tell your friend Jillian that Happy Hippos are the greatest food ever created! ;)

Eli said...

i love this place it's so nice. the sweets are always good. this place never disappoints.