Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Andrew


I know it's sort of cheating to post a picture of a picture but I glanced at this photo this morning and it made me laugh out loud in a way that I'm sure a few of my neighbors could hear. I'm not even certain of our ages here. Drew looks one-ish I look four-ish. But the best part of this photo is remembering this shooting and having seen the rest of the photos (that were not handed out to the public by my parents). There is one where we are both actually bawling because the photographer made us hug. I remember that I finally cheered up once I realized that I could a.) do what I was told by an adult and at the very same time b.) piss my brother off by placing my hand firmly on his shoulder or squeezing him around the neck and such. I love the very satisfied look I have on my face in this, the best of all the shots. And I love that Drew's little arm is inching up getting ready to shove me off as soon as the camera snapped. Next time I'm in Nebraska I'm totally digging up the rest of these. And posting them right here.

Though he still wears similar clothes, Drew has grown up into a fantastic brother. We grew to be much better friends and to realize that we had quite a lot in common- including both growing up thinking that mom and dad were really (nice) monsters who could peel off their human skin and that we live in some kind of matrix that everyone knows about except for us (though I still think he's just saying that to keep me confused and from discovering the matrix). He and his good wife Cassie have two cute kiddies, Autumn and Lucas who really should be taken to Wilderness Park one day and positioned into unnatural stances in the fall-time leaves because it is a right of passage. As well as character building. But really, Drew is an awesome stay-at-home dad and burgeoning business genius whose five favorite things, as e-mailed to me today, are:
1. Valentino's Pizza
2. Mom's chocolate chip cookies
3. The college world series
4. Golfing (and other sporting events) with his brother
5. Halloween

Honorable mentions, as e-mailed to me today, are:
1. Taco Inn burritos
2. Super Nintendo 1994 John Madden football game
3. The area under the stairs in our childhood home on Broadview Drive
(Drew, I'm not not posting "pooping." That's just gross.)
>:)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my god, that is the cutest picture ever--you look just the same!! I'm pretty sure my brother and I also have a fall picture like that, only I'm wearing a plaid wrap skirt and a red sweater and I had my longest hair ever--chest length. I'll have to dig that one up and show it to you. :)

Anonymous said...

Andrew, I think pooping tops my list too...as long as my children aren't all in there at the same time, or knocking on the door trying to get in (which would make four of us in the tiniest room of our house...they think the world may just stop turning if I am not in their sight 24/7, let alone pooping with the the door shut) From a stay-at-home mom to a stay-at-home dad, pooping just got a whole lot better when you get a little break in your day!
-Jillian...sorry this was so long!