Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Hippo


Today I tried my very first Happy Hippo. (With many thanks to Erin.) They are a sort of wafer cookie filled with chocolate and white chocolate paste. The bottom is dipped in some sort of meringue and I must say that they are delectable. I'm really wishing I had about twelve more. They are sold mostly in Europe and even there they are hard to find. There is sort of a cult following of these cute little rarely available hippos and after having tried one, I understand completely. It's sort of a Homer Simpson/ribwich thing. It's pretty much all you can think about for hours. There is also a series of strange and entertainng comericals with lipsyncing hippos and distracting dogs for the famous hippo candy. Here is one for your viewing enjoyment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those look/sound good, really good...and I'm not even pregnant!