Friday, November 9, 2007

Daddy Squeeze











I've just heard that my uncle Dan will be receiving an achievement award tonight at the North East Accordion Festival in Minneapolis for "bringing nationwide attention" to the squeeze box. I must say that if it weren't for Dan, I might have always associated the accordion with Saint John's parish polka mass. Instead, I've grown up hearing Dan play Country Blues, foot stompin' Zydeco, French Cafe Music and rocking out on Garrison Keillor's A Prairie Home Companion. Yeah-Dan has proven that a person can accomplish whatever they wish with an accordion and it's always fun to listen. Congratulations Dan! We hope you're bringing the box home for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Erin said...

He played with Garrison Keillor?! That is wicked cool...I want to play the accordion!