Monday, November 12, 2007

Chicago Bears


It's been a really gorgeous fall in Chicago, the colors have been so bright and vivid that I have to try really hard not to just post photos of leaves every day. But today I caved. I've also been trying to think about what is unique about the fall months in Chicago and I'd be remiss to not think of the Chicago Bears. (Even though I don't really follow football nor have I ever been to a game-I think you have to hold season tix to even get into one.) Here's a little bit of the fun that I do know about:

From the Chicago Bears Website today:
"Already written off by most NFL observers, quarterback Rex Grossman and the Bears stormed back to life in dramatic fashion Sunday against the Oakland Raiders. Replacing injured starter Brian Griese late in the first half, Grossman tossed a 59-yard touchdown to Bernard Berrian with 3:11 remaining in the game to give the Bears a 10-6 lead en route to a stirring 17-6 comeback victory at McAfee Coliseum."

Chicago is, in general, proud of its having been the first to do many things. The Bears have certainly done their part to chalk up the list. They were the first football club in the country to practice daily, broadcast games over the radio, have a personal team band and team song, distribute a team newspaper, and film games for strategy.

No comments: