Saturday, September 13, 2008

Steph

My dear friend Steph is here this weekend. (That's us after running around in the rain today.) I'll be brief for now, get her five favorite things tomorrow or the next day, but Steph and I met in Kansas City in Kindergarten. In fact, I think we only went to the same kindergarten for a month or two and then my family moved to another part of KC and then her family moved as well. (When I first met her, I walked past this little pixie of a girl on her front porch (we were also neighbors) and stopped to say hi. She had a big cardboard box in front of her with all these small compartments, like maybe it was for shipping glass tubes or something. I asked her what that was and she turned to me and said, "A bug hotel." We were fast friends from that moment on. And here we are twenty-five years later after only living in the same state for three months.

No comments: