Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day

This is Milwaukee.

These are the Mets fans who sat next to us at the Brewers game.

These are sausages racing.

And this is the cute little girl who had decorated her sunglasses with pipe cleaners.


Also, since I'll probably be about this blog for a while longer now, and in celebration of the new academic year (or something), I've decided to add in a trivia element. Somewhere around once a week I'll post a question. If you want to play along and you want to win, be the first to post the answer in the comments section. Let's see. I think that whoever reaches ten wins first will win a prize. How about: I'll owe you a drink the next time I see you, you know something like a chocolate malt, a wheat beer, Mr. Pibb, coffee. After that round, we'll start again. This will hopefully pass my time on blogger.com and will teach my 30-year-old brain new things.

First question (with props to trivia enthusiast Chris V.):
In baseball, what are the seven ways a batter can reach first base?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. get hit by pitch
2. Error
3. catcher interference
4. hit a single
5. get walked
6. dropped 3rd strike
7. fielder interference

If not correct, I am damn near close ( =

Jessie said...

One point for Sarah! After consulting Eric (who incorrectly thought balk might be one) it seems there are actually 8 ways (my bad!). There is also fielder's choice. On some lists catcher and fielder interference are counted as one, but they are technically two different things. Nice work Sarah!

Anonymous said...

I thought balk was one too but then would have had too many...And I don't really like fielders choice cause that means it wasn't something the batter did...But then again neither are a lot of the others haha.
9 more to go till Jessie owes me a drink

Erin said...

Oh man, if these are the kinds of trivia questions involved in this contest, I'm never going to win...

Jessie said...

No worries, Erin. I'll change it up. I. myself, would have thought this question was a riddle and answered something like "hit the ball seven times..."