Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shamrock Shuffle


Well kids, I did it. On this cold Chicago morning Eric, Chris, Stacy, Tom and I ran the Shamrock Shuffle, the world's largest 8K race. I beat my goal of 55 minutes (by 15 seconds). Eric left us all in a cloud of dust and finished at 42.30 minutes. Shoo-wee.


Eric would like you to think that after the race I was double fisting it and that I helped myself to more than my fair share of beer tickets. But as you can see I was only holding Chris's beer as he warmed his very cold hands. Yes, it may seem that we are lunatics to wake up at the crack of dawn on a weekend, take an hour long train ride, stand around in the cold and drizzle for over an hour, run five miles, stand some more in the freezing mist and drizzle, drink a beer at 10:30 am, and then take an hour long train ride back home. But this is what we call fun.


Of course, my favorite part was hugging this very happy Shriner's hat. We were wearing the same outfit.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Hooray!! You did it! Congratulations!!! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Sis!!!

Jessie said...

Thanks kids.