Sunday, March 23, 2008

Adam



Let me introduce to you, Adam. We actually met his lovely fiance first (in DC) and I hope to introduce Cristin sometime too so I'll save that story, but now they are Rogers Park neighbors and are quite fun to kick around town with. Anyhow, in such a short time, there are already so many funny Adam stories. One that I particularly like is the one about the hot dog in the thermos. Turns out, Adam's mom would send young Adam to school with a thermos of very hot water which held a hot dog, threaded with string so that Adam could pull the hot dog out of the water without having to dip in. Personally, I think this is potentially brilliant. She would even send along hot dog accouterments. The things is, and you really need to hear him tell the story, but after all this, he always ended up being the kid at the lunch table with a thermos full of luke warm hot dog water. And a string.

Adam has a fun and informative blog, is the only other person I know who gets the magazine The Sun besides myself (and those I send it to), and he's a fabulous gourmet cook (enough of one that it gives me a complex when I try to feed he and Cristin at our place.) :)

And Adam's five favorite things are:
1) Naps with the dog on the couch every afternoon
2) Popcorn
3) Pacing outside on late night phone calls in the summer
4) Watching his Dad be a son with his parents
5) Reddit.com

No comments: