Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bikes that fly


This morning when I was out walking Max, I saw this man riding his bike. He kept skidding to a stop right about alongside where Max and I were walking. At first I wondered if he was trying to be silly. I mean, I'm real cute first thing in the morning with pillow creases across my face, pajama pants four inches too short, my hair falling out of the do I fell asleep with. He could very well have been flirting. But the third time he slid to a halt, he got off the bike, picked it up, and THREW it about forty feet. It took every last ounce of my self control to not take a picture of him pulling the bike out of someone's bushes. Instead, I turned the corner and turned my thoughts to biking this summer. I can hardly wait-but I have to until I have the chance to go buy a bike. My spiffy mountain bike that I bought in college got stolen, but that's okay, I was constantly worried about that happening, so I guess now I can stop. I'd been hoping to swap it out with an old used street bike that no one would want anyhow. So on to an old ten speed this summer! Though, I'll make sure it works better than my friend's from this morning.

No comments: