Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wistful Affection

Talking to friends yesterday, we tried to identify quintessential high school moments/places. If you had a portal that would place you right smack back into high school, where would it most likely place you? I couldn't come up with any one place or time. I'd need a list of about ten places. But after talking today with Tom, an old high school friend, I remembered that the family home of the Cunninghams would definitely be on the list. He was talking about his little sister Liz, (a little kid I remember hanging out with in her attic bedroom while she showed me her prayer card collection). She is now a senior at St. Olaf's and a stunning artist. Tom emailed this painting of Ellen (little sister who I remember in diapers, eating ginger snaps) done by Liz. So. Not only am I feeling nostalgic, I'm finally feeling thirty years OLD.

No comments: