Monday, November 17, 2008

Seattle

Of the cities I've visited in the U.S. of A., Seattle remains to be my favorite. (Sorry Chicago. I still love you.) Top reasons for my crush on Seattle:
1. The size. I opine: 600,000 is just about a perfect size.
2. The abundance of coffee.
3. The climate. Could do without ALL that rain, but only lows of 35-40 on winter nights. I'll take mild rainy winters over freezing my toes off.
4. The quality of the mere street corner music.
5. Pike Place Market. For a chick who loves farmer's markets, this is heaven. A tourist attraction, sure, but an actual market with produce, flowers, artists and fishmongers.
6. The Space Needle. Any city with a landmark that kitschy...sigh.
7. The mountains (Cascades)
8. The water (Puget Sound)

I'll stop there before I decide to "miss" my flight and need to change the name of this blog to Seattle Days...
Chicago, you've got all the sunny days going for you. So I'll be back on Wednesday. :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have literally never met a person who has visited Seattle and not come away wanting to live there. That includes my dad who travels extensively (all over the world) for work and never has much to say about the places he's gone. Except Seattle. He loved Seattle. I have got to get out to that city!