Monday, June 2, 2008

Gasp!

Often, when driving along Western Avenue, I've wondered what this building with all the faces in the window is. I'm still not sure I know who the faces are but at long last I've looked up the "CPC" from the banner and found a cool looking printmaking studio. I've looked into buying equipment for doing etchings in the past (not that I'd know the first thing about using any of it) but soon remembered that we don't even have room in the condo for a new pair of shoes. So what a find! I'll report back if I ever take a class but when the summer inevitably gets away from me, and it turns cold again and I start to whine, someone, please remind me that I need to take a class here. Many thanks.

NOTE: Since first posting this, several people have informed me that the faces in the windows are Chicagoans who have died in Iraq.

3 comments:

Mara said...

I took a class at the CPC (if it's the one on Lincoln...). It was a photo class - pretty cool!! Oh, and hi :)

Jessie said...

Ooooh. Maybe they have many buildings for creativeness.
(Hi Mara. :))

allison said...

I'm pretty sure the faces are pictures of soldiers who've died in Iraq.