Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Official Real Live People

We got a phonebook plopped onto our porch. As I walked it to the trash can I noticed that it was not only the area's yellow pages, but WHITE pages as well."Hmmmm..." I thought and I opened it up. Low and behold there we were! Official real live people in a phone book bigger than War and Peace or Les Miz or numerous Proust novels. Okay. I'm not even in it. But Eric is in it (and where you find Eric you often find me) and so is our new little address and our new phone number (that apparently several phone dialing robots already have). Who even uses a phone book anymore you ask? I don't know! But it now sits on a shelf in our closet just in case we want to use the coupons inside or in case you want to come over and see it. :)

4 comments:

Alpenglocken said...

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name in print, that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.

Jessie said...

:) ...The Jerk?

Rachel said...

I use my phone book all the time, to boost short people (my kids) up to the dinner table, to cut out paper snowflakes on, to tear out the map section and carry it around in my car for garage sale-ing. Though I can't recall ever using it to actually look up a number...

Jessie said...

Good call on the map! I just looked and it has a great map.

I may try the snowflakes too. :)