Friday, February 8, 2008

Prairie Joe's


This is my favorite place to eat in all the world. But I have not eaten here in two years. Each time we drive up to Evanston to have dinner here, it is dark and closed with a new sign with the new dwindling hours posted on the door and I am forced to stare through the window like I did tonight and to try with all my might to conjure up the taste of that gooey egg and cheese sandwich. True diner style. They must be moving to more of a breakfast/lunch place. I know, I know, at least they are still open. At least I can still savor their chocolate malts even if it's during breakfast. At least they are still with us. But every hour without the potential for a chorizo y queso omlet is a damn shame.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Stupid spamers!

Erin said...

lol...I read that first comment and was like, "huh?"

I've never even heard of this place! I, too, love diners, and this sounds like a good one so when I get back from Iowa, we should make a date to go eat there. :)

Jessie said...

I'm totally game!