Friday, February 15, 2008

Goodness



I met LK for coffee today at Cafe Neo. It's a smart little spot in Lincoln Square that serves up a strong cup of coffee. That's all I need, really, to give any place two thumbs up. Strong, hot coffee. Cafe Neo, two thumbs up.

I mentioned to LK, who introduced me to M. Ward a couple years ago, that I have his last album, Post War, in the cd player in my car and that I, for the life of me, can't take it out. Nope, it's not stuck. It's just that as far as excellent music to turn way up on your car stereo goes, it's irreplaceable. It may even be why I have a car. Trust me, I've tried to stick in other favorite cd's but my heart just breaks and my shoulders droop down. Back in M. Ward goes.

He is good and wise and Post War is good and wise at its best.

No comments: