Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Platillos Voladores


As I'm doing the countdown to Puerto Rico (aka sunshine therapy) I am gathering some fun literature and info. Yesterday in the mail, I got this book of Puerto Rican legends, you know, animals, conquistadors, spiritual beings, extra terrestrials. It's awesome. And the picture posted above just about made me split my sides open laughing. Now, I love all things ufo. So many fun movies, books, conspiracy theories. And if aliens are out there, why wouldn't they want to check us out? We have snowplows, Michael Jackson, and the electric eel. It's totally understandable. But this illustration makes it look like the aliens just want to know a few things 1. Where the girl got that dress 2. Where the nearest resort with a pool-side bar can found, and 3. Why those people aren't running.

And speaking of not-of-this-world. I've mentioned Allison's brother (who looks like Jesus) on the blog before. Look at this picture that she took of him last week. Uncanny folks. (If you have a moment, check out more of her photography. It's fantastic.)

No comments: