Monday, February 25, 2008

In the air


The girl-who-grew-up-in-the-farmlands in me is constantly compelled to talk about the weather. I know, I know. But this morning there was that thing in the air. Do you know what I'm talking about? I think it's partly a storm front pressure thing, but it's also, as my dad put it, "a different kind of humidity with maybe a bird chirping in the background." There's a spring thing in the air. The ground is a little warmer, a little soggier. Granted, there is currently snow piling up on my windowsill. Our six-hundredth snow storm is rolling through. But that thing, if even for a fleeting, heart breaking moment, was in the air this morning.

1 comment:

Erin said...

What a cool picture, with the trees in the puddle. There's an artist's eye for ya! P.S. I hope you're right--I can't handle any more winter.