Sunday, February 28, 2010

Ben-Hur

(Eric has hijacked Jessie's blog as she sleeps through the 2nd half of Ben-Hur.)

In high school, we watched Spartacus in World History class. In fact, we watched it for weeks because our teacher, Mr. Seymour, had a habit of nodding off, and when he did, someone would invariably get up and rewind the video. Lest ye think public school failed me however, note that Jessie got to watch not only Spartacus, but Ben-Hur, in Catholic school. And she was paying extra for that education.

Anyway, I'm catching Ben-Hur for the first time during TCM's Oscar week. And I have to say... its pretty much like Spartucus without the Kirk Douglas chin dimple. Which, strangely, I mean in a good way.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

All I know is that in the time it took you guys to watch one movie, we watched two and beat you at football.

We got our money's worth.