Wednesday, August 5, 2009


To me, nothing says summer in Chicago like driving around in the sunshine with the windows rolled down and a Wilco album in the cd player. Today I went 3 miles and plowed through Yankee Hotel Foxtrot in its entirety thanks to it also being Construction season in this here town. Anyhow, all of the above is nothing new. What IS new is that I discovered (via that stolen Spin magazine) that Jeff Tweedy's 13-year-old son (who has his own name and it's Spencer) has a blog. And it has just become my favorite place on the world wide web. The post dated 7/7/09 might very well be the best blog post ever in existence. I know I should be reading The New Yorker or something, but seriously, he's a read for all ages (and, I'd argue with ease, more entertaining than The New Yorker).

2 comments:

Erin said...

It's ridonculous how flippin' smart that kid is...

Andrea said...

Spencer Tweedy makes me feel OLD. He's incredibly savvy and grounded - when I was his age, all I thought about was Mr. Lerdahl, Hypercolor shirts and how I could pull enough cash together to buy some ZCavs.