Thursday, August 13, 2009




I always feel like a dip when I drive down Addison Street right smack at the same time as a Cubs game. And not just a Cubs game. But a Cubs game that is just letting out. I always try to stay chipper and make a game of it guessing if we won or lost based on the way the crowd is moving (It's usually not hard to tell. Today I guessed that we not only lost but got spanked. Seems this was true.). Then, after the little game, I become irate (mostly at myself for not checking about game times) and try to outsmart the barricades and traffic cops by taking the perfect shortcut only to meet up with about 400 other cars trying to do the same and find myself sitting in even less movable traffic. This is all until I become deliriously maddened and start taking photos of building I am stuck next too (albeit with awesome painted ads.) Oh Chicago... You mean well.

No comments: