Friday, May 8, 2009

Raw

To celebrate Allison's completion of her month long raw juice fast we ate out at a local raw food joint called Cousin's. I was stoked for the chance to experience raw food art but a little skeptical that I would maybe want to stop for some chicken nuggets afterward. I was so very pleasantly surprised. We shared a whole platter of good things like guacamole, stuffed mushrooms, fruit salad, etc. and man was the food flavorful and delish. Not to mention that as I sit here blogging I am still contentedly full but don't have that gross sick I ate too much feeling. In fact I have loads of energy to boot! The whole thing about this raw food is that it keeps intact digestive enzymes that go to work once you eat them-allowing the body's own enzymes to work on the other metabolic stuff that they usually do, not only keeping you from tiredness but giving you bootfuls of energy to sit awake and blog as your husband tries to snooze between the sounds of clicking keys on a computer. :)

I'm going to have to try some recipes. This may be as habit forming as crack.

No comments: