Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Skype

So I've discovered Skype (thanks to my mom pointing it out to me after Wes pointed it out to her). I'm not one for those online social networks and whatnot, but this is kind of the stuff of kids' dreams. (Did you not ever play sci-fi house when you were a kid?) Anyhow, you probably already know this because I'm 2 or 3 years too late, but Skype is that picture phone that I always imagined would only work in a huge booth that you would have to move into your house (like on Pee-wee's playhouse) but instead is a super slick download right onto your skinny little laptop. This photo was from earlier today when I got to see and hear my nephew Lucas live on my computer. So cool and free! Of course it was way better to see him in person a few days ago, but, you know, I'm old fashioned.

No comments: