Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bike Lane

I took one of my favorite bike routes today to meet Sarah for coffee. It's the one that wiggles through some cozy Chicago neighborhoods and then turns down Damen Avenue where there is a nice comfy bike lane, leafy trees, and shops you can see inside through big picture windows. It's the route that gets me to coffee in no time. Come to think of it, it was Sarah who first introduced me to the route. No better way to take in Chicago than on a bike. Good, cheap, and clean summer fun. To (literally) burst my bubble though, I rode smack over a tack as I pulled into my driveway at the end of my journey. Yep a flat-headed tack, popped right into my tire like only usually happens in cartoons. The tire is now flat, like my bangs to my forehead.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, to make you feel better...When I was home I was between Hillcrest and Walton, probably RIGHT in between...and my tire blew, I had to go allll the way back to hillcrest with it! Hopefully you get your tire fixed soon so you can keep enjoying your bike!

Anonymous said...

PS. Happy Paint your Toe Nails Day!! ( =

Jessie said...

Lol. (and yes, at least I was home when it happened!)