Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Windy City

It's a beautiful day in Chicago. It is sunny and 75 and the lake looks like a sparkly little ocean. But there is wind of course, 35 miles per hour today. We're told that conditions are favorable for tornadoes and to watch for them out our windows. (I think I just heard my watering can hit my back door.)
There are several reasons why Chicago is called the windy city. It's funny that no one knows which one it is for sure and that really, it's probably just because of several reasons and that no one could bear to pick just one. A good reason though is that Chicago is actually, well, WINDY- due to it's being nestled up next to Great Lake Michigan. All of the other reasons, our fight to host the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition, our insistence that we are the best Midwestern city ever, and our fierce machine politics (this wins the most votes) all boil down to being full of hot air and good at the blah blah blah. And so, in honor of this, I start a blog.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I like to call Lincoln the "windy" city...but not for any of the reasons you noted, if you get my drift :)-Jillian