Thursday, October 25, 2007

Max


This is our handsome dog Max with his hair (eyebrows) blowing in the wind. He normally has long, wavy, shaggy hair but in the summertime I get so hot looking at him that I have his hair cut short. My aunt Jody originally bought him from a farm in Nebraska for $45 with the intention of having a dog to jog with in the mornings. Well, and this just proves that he was meant to be MY dog, Max refused to run with her. He preferred, instead, to roll around in horse poop and carry Jody's kittens around by their heads. My mom called one day and said, "Jody got you a dog!"
And Max really is a city person, he loves the parks and the lake and growling at the train when it goes by. And he loves the other five million people on our block who also have dogs. Max is a mix between a big standard poodle and a black lab. I'm always too embarrassed to tell people that he's a "labradoodle" when they ask, so I was relieved when some lady (a true expert!) told me that the "breed" isn't actual until the second generation. Max is first generation. I covered his ears to prevent any kind of identity issues, but I was glad to know that I didn't have a designer dog, just the best mutt ever...who wipes his nose on my face when I'm still sleeping in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got bit by a white poodle on my paper route when I was in 4th grade...I was shocked, but at least I didn't have to finish my route!

Erin said...

Max is the cutest dog EVER! Well, besides Clara, of course. ;)