Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kale and Cilantro Salad


Yum! Sarah L. shared this fine recipe with me and I must say it's so very tasty that I had to pass it on. I know what you're thinking. Kale? Isn't that the stuff people plant in their yards to feed the rabbits? Isn't that the stuff southerners eat when they run out of red beans and rice? (and NO that's collard greens!). Isn't that the dark green leaf you can use to scrub rust off your car?

But trust me. This is a fresh, flavorful feast.

Mix these things to taste:

Bunch of Kale
1 cup Cilantro
Agave
Salt
Toasted Sesame Seeds
Minced Garlic

Chop kale and cilantro into fine pieces. Mix greens with dressing of agave, salt, sesame seeds, and garlic.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Actually, I love kale. But cilantro? BLECH!!

Jessie said...

Mmmm... Soapy. :)