Monday, September 14, 2009

Today I heard "knock, knock, knock, knock" near my back door but not on my back door. I looked out the window. No one was there. Then, "knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock." Closer to the side window that time. "Knock, knock knock knock, knock knock, knock, knock." What the...? I went outside (this is always the part of the scary movie when you're yelling at the screen that the person is the biggest dip you've ever seen. WHY would they follow that noise?). But thankfully this was no scary movie. It was a woodpecker! I thought he was pretty neat and I wanted to be hospitable but, in fairness, he was eating my house. Or, rather, the bugs in the wood of my house (awesome). "Hey!" I said. And he flew away.

P.S. I didn't get a photo but this is what he looked like.

No comments: