Friday, March 6, 2009

My next blog

is going to be all about churches. The names of churches. The buildings that serve as churches. The billboards outside of churches. Of course, most of the time, in my opinion, they are nice and normal, but the beauty of a big city is the variety. Here in Chicago you can start a church in an old grocery store, your guest bedroom, or your car. It rocks. And someday I hope to document all this. But for now here is a photo of the outside of a church I walked past yesterday. It's disconcerting to see the Lord behind bars. (He was around the corner but I couldn't get a photo because there were people inside.) (I'll have to get braver with my photo taking.)

4 comments:

Jillian said...

Yikes, is it just me or is there a face in the bottom, left corner (on a statue) that vaguely resembles a skeletal face? Spooky...

Jillian said...

If I said right, I meant left corner...

Jessie said...

I'm pretty sure that it was actually a skeleton...spooky indeed! This place was rather strange. I wanted to go in but was too scared! (Some journalist!) :)

Jillian said...

I would run and run fast from that place, journalist or no journalist!