Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Eat your meal BEFORE reading:

I was talking to my sister on the phone last night and we got to talking about foods we hate. I'm generally not too picky. I like some of it, but I tend to steer away from red meat. It's just not my favorite taste in the world, on top of the fact that all I can think about are muscle fibers. Which is totally gross. Which segues into my other general rule about food I don't like, which is any animal still in its natural (whole or partial) form. Shrimp are out. Anything still in a shell. I have mixed feelings about eating off of bones. It really is primarily a taste thing, secondarily a texture thing. Add in the aforementioned gross factors, and some foods just get crossed right off my list of possibilities. But I digress, what I really wanted to tell you was that after I gave my list to my sister, she gave me hers, and it was so good that I had to share. My sister hates:
Onions-"because they are so powerful. They make me cry."
Canned asparagus- because it is like "mushy wet boogers"
Egg nog- because "it smells like play-dough and erasers" (which I get)
Greek Olives- because they "taste like sore throat spray" (which I don't get)

There were a few others but those stand out the most. She had never heard of pigs feet (when I told her I would never eat them) and so I e-mailed her a picture. She replied this:

"Hi jessie that picture that you emailed me about pigs feet or whatever
it was well it made me wanna vomit so badly. Ock. Ick. Sick. Yucky.
Awful stuff i don't want to eat it."

Talking to my sister (both over the phone and over e-mail) pretty much always makes my day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just got back from a conference in San Francisco, where there is a restaurant/store in the farmers market food court under the bay bridge called "Tasty Salted Pig Parts" :)

Erin said...

But how about pickled eggs? I'm still trying to locate some...for some reason the thought totally appeals to me. As does a restaurant called "Tasty Salted Pig Parts." I'm thinking primarily of bacon. :)

Did you ever see that Simpson's episode where Homer finds out that pork chops, bacon, and ribs all come from the same animal? He says "Mmmmm...magical animal."