Saturday, January 24, 2009

Markets and Meals for Hope



I'm always a fan of farmers and always a fan of all things markets. In turn, I'm as happy as a clam at high tide when it comes to farmers markets. Especially in the winter when they are hard to come by. This morning Sarah took me to a lovely one in a church in Evanston put on by an organization called Markets and Meals for Hope.

Sarah bought homemade soap, potatoes, eggs, cheese and one of those gorgeous pies. I came home a proud owner of pickled brussels sprouts and a jar of bloody mary mix (even though I've never had a bloody mary and don't know what to mix it with. But Sarah says it's good even right out of the jar.)

3 comments:

Erin said...

Whoa! How did I not know about this? Is it every weekend? Let me know next time you go!

Jessie said...

Not every weekend. And it moves all over the city to different locations. Here's the schedule:

http://www.cclpmidwest.org/hohillinois.html

Anonymous said...

It's a shameless plug, but our new website has a link to info about farmers' markets, etc.

http://www.eco-wisdom.com/discuss/showthread.php?t=21