Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Countable Nouns

So I looked "brussels sprouts" up on wikipedia and the most interesting thing that wikipedia had to say about them is not that they are packed with vitamin C or a relative of the cabbage but that "brussels sprouts" is a countable noun, which I have never heard of but, of course, makes perfect sense. One can say "seven brussels sprouts" and be completely and utterly grammatically correct. (Okay, the real shocker for me here is that grammariticians need to dole out terms for every last thing - even things so obvious!) But anyhow, because I think it is humorous, my trivia question for the week is dealing in countable nouns.

Please, my friends, decide which of these is the countable noun:
a. milk
b. luggage
c. news
d. stereo
e. grass
f. grammar

And if it isn't weird enough that I was searching the internet for facts on (countable) brussels sprouts, I was also playing this game. Who knew that a vegetable could be good for so many laughs. And be such a perfect diversion for a girl who really should be working.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. Milk

You broke the rule I made that you can't post trivia before 10pm central!!! ( =

Jessie said...

Nope! (that was the tricky one!)

Anonymous said...

D. Stereo?

Jessie said...

Got it dude.

Jessie said...

:) Sorry I broke your rule!

Erin said...

OMG, the teeth on the brussels sprouts in that game are TOTALLY CREEPING ME OUT. They're creeping me out in the same way those horrid creatures from the Quiznos commercials a few years ago did.