Sunday, April 20, 2008

Stacy


Folks, this is Stacy. Stacy, though she went to Notre Dame, is part of the extended Wash U family. Over the past few years we've come to know Stacy as a friendly and adventuresome young lass. Proof of adventuresomeness: She and Chris (one of Eric's old college friends) just got back from Alaska after dogsledding and attending a wedding in an igloo. And speaking of dogs, when Eric and I went to Mexico last year Stacy came to stay with Max for a week. He loved Stacy so much that he wouldn't let her sleep in past sunrise and mourned her leaving when we came back. (He stood out in the park and looked for her everywhere.) What I personally appreciate about Stacy is her love of a good quality chocolate malt. I too have this love. So much so that I am willing to sneak malts, for both Stacy and I, into a movie theater inside of my purse. And when I pause to find that my cell phone is floating in a purse-full of foamy malted dairy product, I'm not the least bit phased. I also enjoy that Stacy is the first person to tell me that I am not insane for liking to run to music that most people nap to (Iron and Wine, Elvis singing gospel). She too runs to mellow tunes. Stacy has also recently been kind enough to let me subject her to my tell-me-your-five-favorite-things request. And here they are:
1. Avacados
2. Puppies (to her all dogs are puppies)
3. Eighteenth Century/Romantic/Victorian Literature
4. Outdoor Activities (Hiking/biking/dogsledding)
5. Postcards

2 comments:

Chris van Benthuysen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed that I didn't make the cut on 5 favorite things list.

I'm starting a smear campaign against postcards, and 18th century novels. I think those are the 2 that I have the best shot at knocking out. Outdoor activities is tough competition.