Monday, April 14, 2008

Coming of Age

In an attempt to get our condo on the market to sell, we've been spiffing up the place. Really our only goal so far has been to make it appear that two grownups live here. So that maybe grownups will want to buy the place. I remember a couple of years ago, on the very same day, Eric bought his first suit coat and I bought my first purse (you know like grown women carry? With a matching wallet and such?). Well today, kids, I bought shams, a throw pillow for the bed, and matching (matching being the key here) pillow cases and sheets. I can't even begin to tell you how mature and smug this makes me feel. Not to mention that I think the only time I've used the word "sham" has been incorrectly and interchangeably with scam and shame. "What a sham!"
World, watch out. Jackie Kennedy Onassis may not hold first place for classiness much longer. I've got a bed skirt.

No comments: