Saturday, October 4, 2008

Andy

On Friday afternoon I got a call from a dear old college friend.

Andy: Hey, do you know where I can find a good eye doctor in Chicago?
Me: Is this like a knock knock joke?
Andy: No, can you look one up for me? I tore a contact.
Me: Are you coming to Chicago to fix it?
Andy: I'm walking around the loop right now. But I can't really see anything.

So this is how he tells me that he is coming to/is in town. In fairness, he won cubs tickets and hopped on a last minute flight to come watch them lose. But anyhow it was a delightful surprise and great to have Indian food with him tonight even though he tried to order a hamburger.

And since I'm into posed photos lately, I'll share with you the photos we took last summer when he and (another college friend) Mike came to visit (with way more notice). We decided to drive up to the Bahai Temple where the natural thing to do was pose for senior pictures.


No comments: